The Production Planner/Scheduler plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize production capacity, while also managing product inventory levels.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and optimize capacity and company resources.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item to meet production schedules.
- Informs sales and demand planning manager of any shortages of product from Bloomington and Texas facilities.
- Answer cancellation or revision requests of orders from sales.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process.
- Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Monitor inventory to ensure “first in first out” policy is being upheld, along with watching for discrepancies.
- Input estimates for inbound import arrivals into software system.
- Updates sales daily with report on any fruit with age that is considered to be priority.
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
- Closely coordinates with warehouse department with special instructions on orders and communicates on any day to day concerns.
- Revise sales orders as needed to reflect inventory.
- Use and maintain a designated Scheduling Tool as a primary system tool.
- Must be on call via cell phone in off-hours. Need to be able to assist in problem solving beyond normal business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience (for example, 3-5 years of broad manufacturing background)
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Strong background on Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP systems.
- Self-motivated • Champion • Intuitive • Proven team player • Independent • Enthusiastic • Committed • Disciplined • Goal Oriented • Flexible
- Operating Management: Meets daily to identify schedule attainment was met and adjust production schedule accordingly.
- Quality Assurance: Meets as needed to identify products that may be on hold and see if product will be released on time or may need to schedule replacement product.
- Maintenance: Meets to discuss maintenance scheduled downtime and adjust available capacity for the day/week.
- Accounting: Meets as needed to provide details on labor cost due to schedule attainment.
External Contacts • Suppliers: May occasionally need to call suppliers to get estimated time of arrivals in the absence of the buyer.
This job operates in a combination of office environment and warehouse environment with constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. The noise level in the work environment is a combination of a quiet, office environment and a production facility where the noise is usually moderate to loud.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., with extended work times (evenings and weekends) during the harvest seasons.
100-years in the business has taught us the value of long-term planning, for our company and our people. The Company provides several tools for helping our team members plan for their futures.
- Competitive compensation with bonus program
- Competitive health benefits package – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, Long-Term Disability • Advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Exceptional team members and work environment
- Weekly Pay Schedule
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
147 total views, 17 today