An established food manufacturing organization is seeking a QA/Technical Service Manager to join their operation located in WA. The QA/Technical Service Manager will be responsible for managing compliance with all food safety and food quality programs. Position implements, maintains, and improves best in class quality practices; provides technical expertise and support; and prepares, leads, and responds to corrective actions of regulatory, third party and customer driven audits.
- Managing compliance with all regulatory and company-defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures and practices. Maintain an effective and compliant Food Safety Plan (FSP) HACCP program. Ensure effective Trace-Recall system and protocol. Write and review plant policies and procedures in regards to food safety and food quality programs. Review and approve plant level policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure food security/safety programs are effective and manage emerging issues, as necessary.
- Provide risk assessment analysis. Manage issues with non-conforming product to ensure proper control, minimizing losses and providing analysis to eliminate future occurrences.
- Document Control: Develop and implement SOP’s and SSOP’s relevant to the area of responsibility. Ensure appropriate documents are stored and approved within the Intelex system. Ensure appropriate personnel are adequately trained to all relevant approved documents.
- Conduct sanitation and product safety and quality inspections. Ensure the facility meets all regulatory, sanitation and product safety guidelines. Provide technical expertise to resolve problem areas. Serve as a liaison to external auditors.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant quality and lab staff. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of quality systems management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- HACCP, PCQI and SQF practitioner’s certification are required.
- Acidified Foods Certification may be required for some plant locations.
- Experience in Thermal Processing is desirable.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement is a plus.
Salary: DOE, Relocation Assistance, Medical Benefits
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
200 total views, 13 today