A well-established produce distributor is searching for a QC Inspector to join their team. The QC Inspector is responsible for assuring that all fresh fruit and vegetable products on inbound shipments, in stock inventory, and outbound shipments meet or exceed US No. 1 specifications, as well as meet other specific requirements assigned by Procurement and detailed on the receiving ticket.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects representative samples from each individual lot and determines compliance/non-compliance as to product specifications, utilizing USDA Standards and Grading Procedures.
- Approves of and instructs the receiver to accept those lots found to be compliant, (in grade).
- Documents non-compliant, (out of grade), lots and places them in “on hold” status pending disposition instructions from the QA Supervisor or Procurement.
- Monitors daily the quality of all product in-house to ensure items are in-grade and good to ship to our customers.
- Re-packs damaged or otherwise defective product when practical to mitigate product shrink and lost revenue for the Company.
- Maintains daily temperature log for all coolers and product storage areas to be compliant with our GAP and GHP protocol.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of QA related experience and 2 years working in produce.
- Ability to express ideas with clarity and thoroughness in both verbal and written communications.
- Proactive, results-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface various levels of management as well as with support and service departments.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and follow safety guidelines.
- Must be computer literate with experience in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Able to perform basic arithmetic functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and using decimals.
- Ability to work in wet, cold, conditions and stand for extended periods of time.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
1177 total views, 1 today