Job #31423 – Washington
The Quality Manager is responsible for program development and implementation at both Corporate as well as at the Plant level.
This position reports to the Director of Quality and Food Safety and supervises the document control and customer/consumer service functions and employees. This position works closely with plant staff, purchasing, customer service, product development, sales and marketing, customers, consumers, outside laboratory staff, government and regulatory agencies, and food association experts.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Manage the Corporate Customer Service activities and programs. Serve as a corporate liaison between the plants and customers. Establish, maintain, and administer a corrective action and preventative action program that is rooted at Corporate and executed company-wide. May manage individuals that work directly with the customer or consumer.
- In collaboration with plant staff, participate in investigating and monitoring production issues for all facilities such as: line setups, contamination and quality attribute issues. Provide input and guidance and investigate any out of specification issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge. Serve as a point of contact for questions related to Food Processing. Communicate corporate quality policies, procedures, methods, and SQF Certification issues with plant quality staff. Develop best practices for audit preparation and implementation.
- Serve as the SQF Program Owner. Review, draft, monitor, and advise on SQF re-certification functions. Work with plants to prepare them to meet SQF deadlines.
- Manage programs to submit government forms to meet Acidified Food requirements. Act as liason with the Process Authority and Manage FDA filings. Coordination with outside organizations to validate plant processes to meet 5 log reductions.
- Provide leadership and supervision of an Administrative Support, Technical Services Representatives, and Consumer Affairs Specialist. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Work with Corporate Sanitarian to mitigate Quality and Food Safety concerns. Contribute to the establishment of Corporate Sanitation Standards.
- Partner with Senior Quality Staff. Establish long term the company Quality Standards. Establish or maintain adequate communication channels to provide adequate feedback and continuous improvement.
- Establish or maintain proper prerequisite programs to support compliance.
- Serves as a key contributor to process development in both business and manufacturing systems and supports adequate documentation and control of those systems. Monitor change control process to ensure adequate mitigation of any Food Safety risk.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Solid knowledge of food safety and food quality standards and requirements (regulatory and customer).
- Principles and practices of advanced math and statistics.
- Pertinent Federal, State, local, and company laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the quality and safety of foods, including: food laws, organic regulations, allergens, Prop 65, and pesticide and heavy metal limits.
- Thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis and cause/correction action reviews to resolve quality issues.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory and procedure manuals.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in The company performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, or closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of quality assurance experience
- HACCP and SQF practitioner’s certification are required.
- Food science training, supervisory skills training, and acidified foods training are preferred.
- Constantly works in an office environment, frequently has exposures to a manufacturing/plant environment, and occasionally has exposures to a lab or outdoors environment
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Occasionally works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally works from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
- Vision requirements: Occasionally uses color vision
- Constantly types
- Frequently talks, walks, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- Occasionally climbs, lifts, crouches, stands, pulls, kneels, reaches, stoops, grasps, and/or drives
- Types of exposures encountered: Frequently has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise and occasionally has exposures to toxic or caustic chemicals, odors or fumes, or extreme heat/cold temperatures
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
231 total views, 5 today