Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
This position works closely with the packing facility to manage storage and shipping for approximately 9,000 acres of potato, onion, and other vegetable production, annually.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and coordinate the load-out crew and equipment involved in filling and unloading storages.
- Work with the Plant Manager to coordinate the supply of raw product based on run schedule, quality, and logistical considerations.
- Work with Facilities and Equipment Managers to ensure buildings and equipment are maintained and operating properly.
- Monitor produce quality and implement quality control standards as directed by Farm Manager.
- Direct third-party freight operators through shipment process.
- Lead crop grading, storage, and storage filling operations, maintenance, and cleaning throughout the year.
- Keep accurate inventory of all product in storages.
- Maintain storage facilities ensuring high quality and low amounts of shrink on crop production.
- Monitor all aspects of mechanical and computer control panels.
- Analyze storage control data and help maximize crop quantity and quality in collaboration with the Farm Manager and Agronomist.
- Maintain contact with outside groups including other farms, and associated industries.
- Work with the Farm Manager on yearly and long-range planning to meet cost, quality, and service goals.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical, daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Harvest and planting seasons are busy and may require longer hours and some weekends.
- Domestic travel is expected 1-2 times per month for about 1-2 days total.
Experience and Skills:
- A valid US driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification.
- A bachelor’s of science degree in an Ag related field or the equivalent in experience.
- At least one year of experience coordinating the storage of crops.
- 3+ years’ experience managing storage/warehouse programs over a large geographic region.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Experience in logistics, distribution and crop and produce storage.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to train and work with operational teams on the farm.
- The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize, as needed in an ever-changing environment.
- A strong work-ethic and the ability to be self-directed while still valuing and collecting team input.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
116 total views, 2 today