The Replenishment Buyer plays a key role in ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of materials for the production process and oversees third party and co-packers packaging material inventories
- Manages activities related to materials purchasing and inventory control to ensure production runs smoothly.
- Collaborates with managers to determine supply needs; Purchases supplies and materials according to specifications.
- Works closely with Demand Planning to plan for material requirements
- Coordinates third party and co-packer packaging material inventories.
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels utilizing established forecasting methods to ensure an adequate supply.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Formulates economic order quantities (EOQ) for packaging or consumable to optimize price without increasing liability
- Resolves issues of timely delivery, quality, pricing and invoicing of assigned materials with vendors by coordinating with internal shipping/receiving, quality control, production, and accounting departments • Assists internal Sales and Marketing department in research and development of packaging materials for new products and product redesigns
- Performs contract negotiations for assigned materials.
- Maintains good relationships with vendors by setting clear expectations and monitors their performance against metrics such as on-time delivery, quality, and customer service.
- Responds promptly to requests for information from internal company departments.
- Obtains quotes for 3PL services, machinery for the plant, and vehicles.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on materials: knowledge of material characteristics, possibilities and limitations, market trends, innovations, potential and actual problems.
- Seek new suppliers and determine if they meet specified requirements;
- Participates in on/off-site supplier audits and evaluations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, i.e. may need to wear the hat of a material planner.
- Must be on call via cell phone during off-hours. Needs to be able to assist in problem solving beyond normal business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional and Certificate in Production and Inventory Management a plus.
- Three to five years buying experience in a produce or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with inventory control procedures and materials replenishment
- Must have working knowledge of ERP/MRP Systems, standard business practices, and production scheduling methodology
- An aptitude for technical product configuration, dates, numbers and attention to detail • Strong analytical capabilities and problem resolution skills
- Well-organized with the ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with various level of the organization and with vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook, i.e. spreadsheets, tables with formulas, and pivot tables.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proven team player
- Goal Oriented
- Operating Management: Meets daily to identify areas of opportunity to review inventory irregularities. Reviews material yield variances that may impact re-order points. Reviews material defect documents that Operations submits in order to obtain vendor credit.
- Quality Assurance: Meets as needed to identify materials that may impact product quality. Meet with quality to conduct material control test in order to qualify new vendor/material.
- Maintenance Management: Meets daily to discuss maintenance activities and provide direction and feedback.
- Maintenance: Meets to discuss maintenance purchase request for scheduled and unscheduled repairs. Issues service POs for maintenance service requests. Meets as needed to review storeroom inventory value and audit purchasing records.
- Accounting: Meets as needed to resolve operating budget reporting that was caused by PPV or receiving problems. Will also provide a forecast spending based on reorder points.
- Suppliers: Meets as needed to review proposals, quotes, bids and prices.
Work Environment This job operates in a combination of office environment and warehouse environment with constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. The noise level in the work environment is a combination of a quiet, office environment and a production facility where the noise is usually moderate to loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; regularly required to walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is an exempt full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible extended work times (evenings and weekends) during the harvest seasons. This position may require up to 10% travel. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Benefits 100-years in the business has taught us the value of long-term planning, for our company and our people. The Company provides several tools for helping our team members plan for their futures.
- Competitive compensation with bonus program
- Competitive health benefits package – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, Long-Term Disability • Advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Exceptional team members and work environment
- Weekly Pay Schedule
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
114 total views, 14 today