D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
The Ripening Program Supervisor oversees the ripening program based on coordination with Production and Sales. Responsible for the quality of ripening in accordance with customer expectations for color and ripening stage, and monitors fruit inventory required to fulfill orders.
* Based on forecasted needs, plan, execute and monitor the ripening process.
* Establish and maintain ripening schedules, room monitoring and adjustments.
* Identify customer orders that require fruit to be pre-conditioned.
* Ensure quality of ripening in terms of customer preferences for color and ripening stage.
* Move fruit in and out of ripening rooms and program the ripening rooms.
* Monitor the progress for the ripening process daily and make the necessary adjustment to the schedule.
* Conducts fruit testing and maintains accurate records.
* Monitor inventory on a daily basis.
* Develop and document best practices for fruit ripening and adjust as needed for natural variations in fruit and variations from season to season.
* Assist in servicing and providing technical support to new and existing customers.
* Ensure quality evaluations of incoming and outgoing fruit are carried out and recorded according to requirements.
* Report on unusual fruit, packaging, etc.
* Continually assess the ripening program to drive improvements.
* Provide technical expertise and support to team members and to customers as related to post-harvest handling and ripening.
* Train and advise team members regarding post harvest handling and ripening practices.
* Conduct informational seminars for internal company divisions and customers.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
This position directly supervises employees involved in the ripening function.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Specific experience ripening avocados highly preferred
* Solid understanding of how produce/fruit behaves under different conditions.
* Experience providing technical support to customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
* Detail oriented and organized.
* Proficient in MS Office
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Willing and able to work with changing deadlines and shifting priorities
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
797 total views, 2 today