Job # 33291
A leading fresh produce organization seeks a strong sales pro to develop business for a new commodity group. This role will be very hands on, develop new business with a breadth of retail and foodservice customers, and focus on closing sales on a program basis versus transactional day to day selling.
The position can be based out of a home office, preferably near a large airport for travel to prospects, customers, trade shows, and other areas as needed.
Experience selling avocados to retail grocery chains is strongly preferred.
Contributes to company growth and return to growers by initiating, leading, planning and executing against strategic sales and business development plans that enhances the value of the company to their key customers and maximizes returns to grower partners. Effective leadership and management of the national sales account development to include, but not limited to, strategic customer growth and development, effective sales planning, regional business development, and providing a sales driven forecast to product management and company partners.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manages eac and supporting team to achieve the results of each position description and sales goals; in context of the company vision, mission, guiding values and strategies.
- Develops, manages and maintains customer relationships and targeted prospective customers regionally in conjunction with overall sales strategy
- Provides leadership motivated by the company’s vision, mission, guiding values, strategies, and in compliance with management policies.
- Manages within the designated sales department budget with direct responsibilities to company performance vs USDA and price per pound performance against budget/forecast.
- Member of leadership team establishing the sales plan, customer and product priorities, and overall sales strategy.
- Responsible for directing the sales and product allocation to achieve the agreed sales plan, and has final authority for product allocation as it relates to regional sales
- Coordinates and communicates with Product Management assuring sales plans aligns with the production plans and advises when contrary actions are required as it relates to planning gaps between the two.
- Cooperates with marketing department initiatives and provides feedback and recommendations for marketing tactics and programs that help drive sales.
- Coordinates with the Operations/Logistic department to achieve the targeted customer and department service goals in most efficient manner that drives best in class.
- Proposes, develops, analyzes and reports sales metrics measuring achievement of goals or predictive of necessary corrections required, and adjusts sales plan accordingly to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Provides customer reviews coordinating with product managers to implement strategies to achieve desired results for customers and products as it relates to the retail channel.
- Must assure retail sales team cooperation with accounts receivables to achieve collection and days outstanding goals, and is ultimately responsible to collect on all sales.
- Actively pursues innovation by identification, evaluation and recommendation to investigate new product opportunities, alternative distribution, new concept development, and other ideas to achieve the vision and mission of Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years sales management experience and demonstrated skills in selling, teaching, motivating and managing sales staff of 3 or more.
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation, persuasion, reasoning, and strategic planning skills required.
- Self-directed time management skills to ensure a high level of quality and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of perishable products distribution channels
- Ability to travel 75 to 80 days annually.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct a sales force to achieve sales strategies and profit goals.
- Good oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Profit and loss mentality assessing and making changes based on potential impact of changes in price, margin, etc. to gain value / loss of value to the Company’s key stakeholders.
- Ability to create and contribute to Strategies, Goals and Sales Plans with examples of solid execution.
- Proficient with compute applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Diver, SAP and Outlook.
For more information, contact D.J. Stornetta email@example.com
550 total views, 6 today