As Sales Manager for our organic division, you’ll be responsible for generating new customers, building customer relationships and driving new business throughout the greater Bay Area by leveraging our full complement of logistics, products, and services related to fresh organic produce.
This is a role for a strategic and ambitious go-getter who will be well compensated for his or her efforts. The successful candidate will target retail, food service and wholesale companies to develop, promote and sell our organic products and services in accordance with established objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prospect with a “hunter” mentality.
- Develop new customers through cold calling, social media, personal visits, and all other available methods.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers by developing trust and committing to their success.
- Design tailored solutions to customers focused on delivering value and supporting the customer’s business.
- Increase sales of existing customers.
- Lead our internal organic division team, and be responsible for their performance.
- Work collaboratively to ensure optimal customer service and support.
- Engage internal resources on pricing strategy and account implementation plans to ensure optimal customer service and operational excellence.
- Track daily inventory levels and product quality, and determine best channels for distribution.
- Provide input on relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 3 – 4 years’ minimum of sales experience in the fresh produce industry.
- Knowledge of broad-line organic produce industry (wholesale, food service).
- Aggressive, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with the passion, determination and demonstrated ability to sell both inside (phone and email solicitation) and outside (face to face meetings, proposals, closings).
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion with key customers.
- Experience with sales management systems and computer proficient.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with aggressive sense of time management to move perishable commodities.
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen.
- Strong communication skills and able to liaise across all levels.
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
1079 total views, 3 today