A very solid, established, grower/shipper/packer has a great opportunity for a strong salesperson to lead their team and grow their retail customer base. They are high-quality growers who put together an excellent box, operate with strong values, and have a fun, family-focused culture.
The Sales Manager will oversee all sales functions, manage a small team, and develop consistent business with retail grocery chains. The role will establish programs, negotiate contracts and daily sales, and have a strong voice in the company.
Seeking sales pros who are persistent, think outside the box, and experienced in bringing new things to the team, such as diversifying a commodity offering. A leader who serves others, is a team player, and can jump into the trenches would fit well with this organization.
Strong fresh vegetable knowledge is desired. Position based in the Central Coast region of California.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Business development for new retail accounts, including national chains, mass market, regional chains, independents, and wholesalers who service retail accounts. An understanding of retail contracts, planning retail ads, seasonal contracts, and / or promotions is desired.
- Prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with all customers to manage market conditions, pricing, and quality components.
- Mentoring sales personnel, working closely with management and ownership to meet daily and seasonal sales expectations.
- Travel to visit customers, periodic visits to trade shows to promote the company.
- Multi-task and conduct business in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is emphasized.
Additional Desired Experience Includes
- Knowledge of retail grocery chains, big-box / mass market stores, and / or wholesale grocers.
- Solid produce background, also knowledge of vegetable growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, pack styles.
- Working within various market conditions, supply availability, quality levels.
- Working closely with Inspection / QA / QC personnel, cold storage & facilities personnel, logistics and shipping.
- Making sound shipping and sales decisions with management under various volume and quality variables.
Additional Requirements Include
- Experience with internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is helpful.
Please contact D.J. Stornetta, email@example.com
561 total views, 8 today