Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
The Sales Manager for Stone Fruit is a key member of the leadership team. The Sales Manager is responsible for the overall success of our entire program. Success in this case is defined as:
The Stone Fruit Sales Manager’s primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Deliver highly competitive returns to our growers
- Establish and communicate grade parameters to maximize overall crop FOB.
- Direct the timing of crop movement to maximize the value of the crop – factoring in market projections, fruit condition, warehouse capabilities, etc.
- Understand customers and direct the overall strategy with each.
- Ensure we maintain and help strengthen relationships with key customers.
- Ensure that FOBs net of packing charges work for the growers for each pack style; adjusting and limiting packages as needed to maximize net crop value for the long-run.
- Oversee our domestic and export programs for Stone Fruit and structure them to maximize our ability to move each crop while maximizing net crop value.
- Ensure Export Sales Manager is fully aware of our overall strategy and direct the overall export program.
- Utilize current knowledge of various markets to develop an overall program that benefits growers.
- Work with and provide direction to Marketing to create an overall movement strategy for our domestic business.
- Listen to and seek feedback from Marketing to understand customer needs and keep a pulse on trends in the market.
- Assist Marketing in managing customer relationships for the long-term.
- Communicate and over-communicate with the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
- Ensure both Sales and Marketing staff are fully aware of our goals on a daily basis so they can help achieve desired results.
- Establish relationships with growers and maintain knowledge of their strengths, weaknesses, and overall fit for the program.
- Make regular field visits.
- Keep growers informed (written reports, calls, visits) of market conditions and trends.
- Keep Pride Packing (our Stone Fruit packer) up to date on market conditions and all issues that relate to the fruit under their stewardship.
- Communicate with warehouse teams on any issues that impact the overall ability to maximize grower returns.
- Monitor packing day by day at the warehouses and help them dial in the grade.
- Initiate discussions on matters related to quality, adherence to grade standards, fruit condition, packing charges, etc. as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess the following traits and skills:
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful experience in fruit sales.
- Ability to complete tasks in a stop and go environment-able to handle interruptions.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- A can-do attitude.
- A demonstrated ability to see what needs to be done and take the initiative.
- He/she must be fair and honest in dealing with employees, suppliers, and customers upholding the Mission, Vision, and Values of the comany.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and self-motivated with integrity and character required.
- Knowledge of industry grade standards and how the company fits into that each crop year.
- Knowledge of stone fruit markets and trends/norms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of packing processes and capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of costs ($ and time) to pack different package styles.
- Ability to analyze numbers & trends to make fact-based decisions.
- Detailed knowledge of our customer base and their individual requirements, business, & strategic positioning.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both written and verbal communication.
- Propensity to listen to other people’s ideas, needs, and opinions.
- Ability to build support for ideas.
- Ability to take control of meetings.
- Ability to identify problems in processes, procedures and people with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to employ proactive and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Build and utilize an industry network to obtain industry information that will benefit the company.
- Ability to take a stand on tough decisions when required.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
776 total views, 3 today