An established grower/shipper/packer with great quality and a strong team, has a terrific opportunity for a senior produce sales expert. The company continues to grow, and seeks a sales pro well versed in selling commodities on an F.O.B. and delivered basis.
This expanding organization is fast paced, family-oriented, with a team-first company culture. The organization has long tenures, values clear communication and a solid work ethic, and focuses on great customer service and driving profitability. A strong produce sales background, experience with domestic and import deals, and experience increasing sales with retail accounts is desired. Position is based in California’s Central Valley.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Marketing and selling fruit commodities, maintaining and growing customer relationships, increasing sales to existing accounts.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with sales management, QC, warehouse, farming, and customers on pricing, inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Previous successful sales experience in fresh produce, knowledge and understanding domestic and import seasons and cycles.
- Strong experience/relationships working with domestic retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and experience in analysis, innovated problem solving, reasoned decision making, leadership, team building and strong price negotiation.
- Successful experience in season long programs and bid prices.
- Thorough understanding of fresh produce supply chain, farming and operations, market conditions.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a “closer” who is able to work under pressure but willing not to compromise on quality.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use FAMOUS produce software, Microsoft Office, internet-based sales and purchasing programs.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Rich Lentz, email@example.com
412 total views, 17 today