Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
We are representing a well-established distribution/logistics company based in TX that is searching for a Senior Buyer to join their team.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, buying and replenishment of both domestic and imported food products.
- Establish and build vendor relationships.
- Provide logistic and sales order support and analyze sales vs. purchases.
- Analyze cost saving strategies and forecast purchases due to product availability and seasonality.
- Maintain the relationship and facilitate the communications between the vendor and various departments.
- Manage inventory control according to the company policies and ensure that items are available as needed.
- Own and monitor demand exceptions, assessing potential inventory exposure while recommending corrective solutions.
- Manage vendor documentation including label specifications, certificates, dating, ingredient and nutrition facts, etc.
- Identify vendors to satisfy purchasing needs and maintain the necessary inventory levels at competitive terms.
- Analyze quotes based on all relevant terms, including but not limited to: freight, payment, packaging, timing, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- MUST have food sourcing, food import costing and FSMA experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very detailed oriented and thorough.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of working with Global Food Safety and international shipping terms and methods.
- High degree of customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible with a proactive and professional attitude
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Compensation: DOE, Benefits, 401k, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
453 total views, 5 today