A well-established food manufacturer is searching for a Senior Buyer/Dairy to join their team. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing complex dairy procurement strategies in compliance with Federal, State, and Local food safety laws utilizing a high degree of independent judgement and analysis. Work closely with Suppliers, Leadership, Culinary, Food Safety, and the Quality Enterprise team on all dairy raw materials for existing products and new product development. Work with Supply Chain on short and long range strategic planning for dairy and non-dairy commodities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, recommend and implement, strategy for purchasing of Dairy and non-Dairy substitutes including but not limited to liquid products, various cheeses, butter, and powders to support production at locations.
- Negotiate terms and timing on items to be sourced.
- Be able to ascertain differences in dairy products using organoleptic methods such as taste, smell, texture and appearance.
- Engages suppliers to focus on Quality, Service, Price and Sustainability to optimize the value for supply chain.
- Maintain processes and procedures necessary to support production, planning, and scheduling activities in order to meet manufacturing objectives which include coordination of material availability, purchasing, delivery schedule, production control, and inventory control per MRP.
- Communicate timely, effectively and efficiently with all levels (leadership, managers, supervisors, leads, etc.)
- Continuously monitor and manage supplier performance while maintaining good supplier relationships.
- Work with Culinary, Marketing, and Quality groups to source requested dairy and non-dairy raw materials for new and existing products
- Monitors and Manage Vendor Documents relevant for qualification and ongoing production to ensure the acceptability of Items procured.
- Create and manage Strategic Sourcing Events, Negotiations, Contracts, and Forecasts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university or equivalent experience in Procurement preferably in the food industry.
- Technical level expertise in principals of procurement in a production environment.
- Technical level expertise in planning, negotiation and contracting for materials.
- 5+ years procurement experience in the Dairy commodity field.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
185 total views, 4 today