A well-established grower/shipper is searching for a Senior Project Engineer Manager Engineer to join their team. This position plans and designs processing systems consistent with facilities operational requirements that will satisfy market needs for the company’s products. Works with equipment and systems suppliers to assure proposed equipment satisfies project needs, meets food safety requirements and is designed with maximum efficiency and reliability available for the current technology levels. Coordinates activities of vendors, contractors and systems installers engaged in installation of process systems described above to meet process and time requirements. Completes full project handoff to facilities operations teams (production and reliability) by coordinating operational training and turnover of all documentation (drawings, manuals, controls logic, critical spare parts lists and maintenance SOP’s) required for proper maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands, uses, and champions proper design characteristics of fruit processing equipment and assures all new or modified systems/equipment are compliant with current company standards to provide efficient operations and food safe finished products.
- Assists in project scope development with Operations teams to assure that delivered final product meets business needs for each scenario.
- Provides technical resource experience to all operations teams as support to their efficiency improvement programs.
- Provides RFQ documents for all operations capital projects that assures requested proposals for equipment and systems will meet project requirements. Analyze all vendor/contractor proposals to assure they meet requested scope and are within project cost limits.
- Works with Legal team to assure vendor contracts are valid and protect the company with regards to the agreement.
- Manage all project related contractors and vendors associated with equipment and system installation, training and start up to assure contractual obligations are met within scope and timeline. Inspects completed work for quality, timeliness, and standards as necessary.
- Coordinates contractor/vendor work schedules with operations to assure food/employee safety conditions are met and work is done within the facilities operating schedule boundaries.
- Analyzes and resolves project related problems, or assists vendors/contractors in problem solving.
- Assist with coordinating vendor/contractor training for projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Past Engineering and Design experience in food (produce production line/fruit processing facilities. BS in Engineering/Technology discipline desired, but can be substituted with equivalent hands on experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience is required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to perform complex arithmetic and algebraic functions.
- Must be able to interpret customer scope requirements and provide technical reasoning to those requirements. Must be able to convey troubleshoot
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance
Please contacct Jennifer Mazza, email@example.com
633 total views, 2 today