Job #31593 – California
A terrific brand, strong product line, and great company culture have kept this company going strong for over 100 years. They seek a strong sales and marketing manager to continue its sales growth.
This reputable organization has a long history of developing leading seed varieties and products for farmers and growers throughout North and Latin America. The role is based in Northern California, requires travel both domestically and nationally, and is a great opportunity for a sales manager who values company culture and a solid team.
Plans, directs and manages vegetable sales and marketing activities in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Central America. Responsible for all facets of marketing including all PD/PM activity as well as Retail relationship building. Responsible for establishing and coordinating all marketing functions in key regions in accordance with company policies and corporate philosophy. Develops marketing plans, sales strategies, and action plans to identify targets of opportunity that clearly define company objectives and goals. Must utilize expense account with prudent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- As a member of the vegetable management team, participates in the development of annual and mid-term vegetables business plan in line with the objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Collaborates directly with sales and marketing staff to provide necessary oversight, and to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies.
- Leads the development and implementation of the vegetables strategic plan in key regions, in cooperation with the management team.
- Reviews financial performance based on the P&L. Provides reports on, and interpretation of, financial results and approves changes in direction of plans. Ensures optimum performance of the vegetable sales and marketing functions. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, and maintain up-to-date sales and marketing practices.
- Establishes major sales objectives and policies for the vegetables sales and marketing functions. Adjusts these, as necessary.
- Remains current with external developments in the industry, and develops/adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Furnishes, revises and updates accurate and efficient internal and external reports as required by the management team and/or necessary for the smooth operation of the company.
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of all areas of vegetables sales and marketing including budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, departmental effectiveness and human utilization.
- Develops and recommends corporate operations policy within the department’s functional areas.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of vegetables sales and marketing. Develops specific short term and mid-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Reviews and approves major projects within the department’s functional areas.
- Assures positive employee relations are maintained. Ensures the company’s management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced.
- Plans and controls vegetable sales and marketing department staffing and development, organization and facilities to assure that they are consistent with and supportive of the business plans of the corporation.
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of sales and marketing to assure that new developments within the sales and marketing field are incorporated in future plans of the corporation.
- Acts within the scope of authority and consistent with company objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as directed.
- S. degree in business, sales, marketing, agriculture or related discipline, or extensive functional and management experience and expertise.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Include:
- Must be an innovative leader with personal integrity, sound professional reputation, a collaborative management style and the judgment and ability to make independent decisions.
- Must be dedicated to the ideals and goals of the company.
- Must be a good public speaker who thinks and speaks succinctly and positively, especially under pressure and is capable of taking company’s views on different matters.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to diplomatically prioritize sometimes-conflicting demands.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and manage a professional staff.
- Solid professional presence, moral integrity combined with exceptional leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Must possess good common sense and sound operating skills.
Experience & Background Include:
Management experience, proven leadership capability and demonstrated success in an executive role.
- Affiliations with successful seed companies and trade organizations.
- A minimum of 10 years’ management experience.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, email@example.com
925 total views, 2 today