Great opportunity for an import sales expert! This sales role will sell top-quality commodities on an F.O.B. and delivered basis. A great opportunity to work with an fruit and vegetable importer.
This organization is fast paced, family-oriented, with a fun and collaborative company culture. The team has long tenures, values clear communication, and works to maximize sales and profitability. A strong sales background, experience with importing fresh produce, and an active customer base to sell to is desired.
Position can be based in their offices in South Florida, or remotely from a home office.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Retaining your current customers, maintaining those accounts, increasing sales.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with sales management, growers/suppliers, and customers on pricing, inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Previous successful sales experience in fresh produce, knowledge and understanding import cycles.
- Previous experience in selling imported Asparagus, Mangos and Broccoli would be beneficial.
- Strong experience/relationships working with domestic retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and experience in analysis, innovated problem solving, reasoned decision making, leadership, team building and strong price negotiation.
- Successful experience in season long programs and bid prices.
- Thorough understanding of fresh produce supply chain, product and operations.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a “closer” who is able to work under pressure but willing not to compromise on quality.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use FAMOUS produce software, Microsoft Office, internet-based sales and purchasing programs.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
333 total views, 1 today