D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Sr. Financial and Cost Analyst will play a critical role in the assessment and development of key business decisions and initiatives, ensuring that actionable information is readily available and proactively developing and deploying financial models and cost projections. A key leadership role in the Finance/Accounting department, this position will require the ability to elicit relevant information, assess the validity of information, drive change both within the department and cross-functionally and assess alignment of day-to-day business decisions with overall company strategic direction.
Responsible for managing the accounting, financial analysis and cost analysis for the Fruit Procurement & Grower Services and Supply Chain departments, this position will serve as a business partner in the following areas: raw material procurement, co-op member status, logistics, raw materials and finished goods inventory, warehousing, supplies and ingredients. Provide guidance and direction during the preparation of costs and detailed forecasts/projections and ensures the accuracy of all related financial information and the monthly financial statements.
This position reports to the Controller and does not supervise staff. The position works closely with Fruit Procurement & Grower Services, Logistics, Planning, Purchasing, and Information Services.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
· Based on expertise in Information Systems/Business Intelligence Systems, apply business partner knowledge to the development, execution and improvement of tactical plans by providing reliable, timely and relevant analysis. This will include developing and utilizing KPIs/metrics that rapidly communicate business results and deep-dive analytics on an ad-hoc or recurring basis.
· Analyze current and past financial and performance data in order to identify trends, threats and opportunities and develop recommendations and projections.
· Work collaboratively with business partners to develop detailed forecasts and identify causes of major changes from prior forecasts.
· Ensure fact-based decision making by taking a close look at the data and numbers to ensure the decisions made are based on rational, appropriate, and accurate information. Work with business partners, as needed, to make necessary adjustments.
· Perform advanced financial analysis covering raw fruit, logistics, warehousing and inventory. Plan and conduct analysis to determine cost(s) of business decisions and provide cost/benefit analysis for potential and on-going projects and key business decisions.
· Based on developed and ad-hoc analysis as well as discussions with business partners, develop process improvement recommendations.
· Implement controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
· Perform monthly analysis of the major material commodities, analyze current and prior trends and develop forward looking projections highlighting threats and opportunities to the annual plan.
· Manage month-end process for supply chain while ensuring the accuracy of the monthly financial statements.
· Lead and participate on cross-functional teams and ensure recommendations are in the Company’s best interest.
· Implement the annual standard cost development for fruit procurement, logistics, and purchasing. Provide guidance and direction during the preparation of costs as part of the annual budget. Working collaboratively with business partners ensure the completeness of the budget and ensure that defined strategies are appropriately recognized in the budget.
· Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
· Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
· Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
· Principles and practices of inventory management.
· Understanding and working knowledge of GAAP.
· Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
· Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
· Think strategically both in terms of the business unit(s) key business decisions and organizational strategies in order to ensure financial success.
· Strong analytical experience preferably in financial and/or manufacturing environment.
· Inquisitive and precise-Adept at finding the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ behind the results and formulating observations and recommendations.
· Accustomed to investigating to fully understanding (a) how operational responses impact financial results and (b) how process flow effects ability to mine relevant data. Make relevant recommendations in both instances.
· Exercise independent judgement while managing competing priorities ensuring all stakeholders needs are met.
· Use computers and computer software including ERP systems, Business Intelligence systems, SQL and Excel to perform routine ad-hoc tasks.
· Lead and/or participate on cross-functional project teams that investigate, analyze, and recommend process improvements.
· Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
· Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
· Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
· Meet behaviors established in performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
· A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience preferably exposure to financial accounting or cost accounting and financial analysis.
· Experience working with ERP systems (Infor preferred but not required), advanced Excel skills, experience with business intelligence tools and/or SQL.
· CPA or CMA certification is strongly desired.
· Constantly works in an office environment and occasionally has exposures to a manufacturing/plant or outdoor environment
· Constantly deals with highly confidential information
· Occasionally works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
· Frequently travels, including occasional overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
· Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
· Occasionally works from home
· Physical requirements of the job:
· Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds
· Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision, frequently uses far vision and depth perception, and occasionally uses color vision
· Constantly talks, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
· Frequently stands, walks, types, and/or uses repetitive hand motions
· Occasionally drives
· Types of exposures encountered: Occasionally has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org
258 total views, 4 today