This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of the company’s marketing and advertising initiatives. The primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, product marketing, content marketing, marketing communications, social media advertising and public relations. This position ensures the organization’s message is distributed across all applicable channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet & beat sales objectives. Prefer applicants who have a working knowledge in the agriculture & specialty markets. The position is in Northern CA.
- Build, coordinate and execute the Strategic Marketing Communications Business Plan
- Supervision of tactical execution of the Marketing Communications team and/or external agencies
- Establish the positioning, content, print, social media and P/R strategy as part of the Marketing Communications Business Plan
- Conduct Market research and analysis (i.e. Focus groups, Customer Surveys, etc.)
- Campaign effectiveness measurement and analysis
- Update, refresh and re-design (if needed) the corporate website
- Budget planning
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
- Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for web sites, blogs, and social media accounts
- Executive Ghostwriting
Brand Development and Messaging
- Manage the overall corporate brand to align it with the company vision and direction.
- Manage the brand development & positioning overall and within target segments.
- Manage and oversee the message mapping to ensure effective execution internally and externally.
- Establish and ensure the brand image and message is consistent through all media.
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation
- Develop public relations strategies for company and current and existing products, launches, and promotions
- Supervise, mentor, and delegate responsibilities to other team members and agency.
- Manage content to create and publish relevant, original, compelling social media updates with links to products or promotions
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials
- Maintain good relationships with media
- Organize promotional events, tours, visits, and exhibitions
- Analyze media coverage; develop responses when needed
- Develop relationships with industry leaders through social media
- Arrange conferences and meetings with opinion leaders in various segments including research, channel and grower.
- Keep annual calendars of events, targets, and activities organized
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- 10+ years’ experience in agriculture and specialty markets preferred
- 3 years copy-writing experience preferred
- 3 years creative graphic design experience preferred
- 2 years of professional experience in social media preferred
Essential Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended period, utilizing extensive use of computer keyboard, mouse and monitor. Solid and extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to drive a vehicle or fly for extended periods of times to different locations.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a venue such as a manufacturing, hotel or other organization’s meeting room, conference, or convention space; possible inclusion of weekends.
- Overnight travel to annual meetings/conferences (typically up to 7 consecutive days) required; overnight travel to other meetings (typically 1-5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
- Ability to walk in and around agricultural production sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to be flexible and work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to utilize excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to utilize thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management.
- Ability to understand and address changing market dynamics.
- Ability to travel by car, train or air either domestically 10-30% of the time.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) plan with employer match, and group health plans which include, medical, dental and vision coverages. In addition, group life & long-term disability insurance coverages, along with flexible spending account and/or dependent care account are available.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned. This job description may be modified as needed.
The company is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
228 total views, 4 today