The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for the development and execution of the production planning, fruit utilization, and inventory capacity for their assigned plants/inventory areas while considering current inventory, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity. Position establishes and maintains short and long term production, fruit utilization forecasts, and inventory analysis and recommendations. In addition, position works as a liaison between field, sales, and the plants for development and execution of plants to support business needs.
This position reports to the Sales and Operations Planning Manager and does not supervise staff. The position works closely with Finance, Fruit Procurement, QA, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Traffic, Purchasing, Contract Manufacturing, Copack facilities, Custom Pack customers and software consultants.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Develop and communicate production plans for the utilization of raw fruit and the production of finished goods. Act as a liaison between sales, fruit procurement and grower services, and plants to coordinate the activities necessary to ensure that customer requirements are being supported through a planning process that marries the timing of raw product and supplies availability with plant capacity constraints. Interact with support groups (purchasing, I.S., transportation, and customer service) to ensure that the plan is being supported and accomplished.
- Provide Sales and Operations Planning/IBP Execution and Analytics. Analyze inventory projections and risks and report on capacity risk areas. Provide capacity and inventory modeling, projections, and health metrics innovation. Ensure Supply Profile is in alignment to the IBP calendar by reviewing plant capacity, making updates to capacity, supplying lead times and variability, and providing a raw material requirement plan to meet demand and production needs. Provide scenario planning and determine key messages for the sign off.
- Manage finished goods inventory, maintaining adequate stock to support customer requirements while at the same time minimizing financial exposure. Control inventory targets to guarantee the right coverage in order to avoid lost sales or over stock situations. Report inventory metrics on a monthly basis.
- Develop and propose new metrics, recommend strategies to stakeholders for improved business results, and work across the organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders. Include root cause research to identify process breakdowns within Supply Chain.
- Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies. Develop and provide ad-hoc analysis as needed by the business and/or plants.
- Participate in further continuous improvement activities. Identify and implement system and process improvements within Supply Chain to enable overall business process improvements.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP)
- Principles and practices of production planning and inventory control.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of complex program and project development and administration.
- Principles and practices of strategic planning and execution.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding demand and inventory planning responsibilities to meet business needs.
- Manage and coordinate a variety of complex projects, scenario planning and/or programs.
- Manage large sets of data
- Think strategically in order to drive organization-wide sales results.
- Gain cooperation and influence leadership teams through discussion and using solid analysis.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Develop metrics, processes and reports to measure Supply Chain’s impact on the business.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in the Company’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management & Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of planning experience or related discipline with proven progressive leadership and analytical responsibilities.
- APICS certification, familiarity with ERP systems, excelled Microsoft Excel Skills is strongly preferred.
- Constantly works in an office environment
- Occasionally works in an manufacturing/plant environment
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Frequently works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally works from home
- Frequently works mandatory overtime
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision, occasionally uses far vision
- Constantly talks, sits, types, listens, uses repetitive hand motions
- Occasionally stands, walks, or drives
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
738 total views, 1 today