Role includes but is not limited to:
The sales and service of our biological and microbiological products in the ornamental market / outdoor vegetable market.
This is accomplished by:
- Calling on ornamental growers in Florida to support existing client base and to develop a deep understanding of customer’s needs.
- Developing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies for greenhouse ornamentals.
- Developing biological solutions compatible with the Florida economic, environmental, legal, and socio-cultural conditions.
- Implementing sales strategies to achieve sales objectives in assigned territory.
- Developing the market for biological pest control in outdoor vegetable crops by actively promoting products as the first line of defense in crop protection.
- Participating in trade shows, exhibitions, growers’ meetings, seminars and working with university extension offices to reinforce our lead generation, networking and brand awareness efforts.
- Providing market intelligence and territory opportunity information, while maintaining CRM data as part of the process.
Specific duties in other parts of the southeast region. These duties will be coordinated by the Account Manager.
Required Skills / Experience:
More than 300 TSRs worldwide ensure that growers and distributors are supported in handling their challenges on a daily basis. In addition to operational advice, TSRs will devote much time and efforts towards communicating their basic knowledge concerning nature and its solutions.
- BA/BS degree in horticulture or similar experience.
- 5+ years’ experience or exposure to agriculture or horticulture sales (cucurbits, cranberry, soft fruit trees a plus).
- Ability to recognize pests and diseases; with extensive knowledge about their behavior and control.
- Ability to work with autonomy and willing to travel on business (up to 60%).
- Identify, prioritize, set and achieve goals with efficiency.
- Strong listening and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Negotiate, mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written in English and Spanish.
- Prepare documents and presentations using Microsoft® Office®.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- IPM or CCA certification.
- Working knowledge of Base CRM.
- Strong focus on teamwork.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
168 total views, 11 today