An agriculture/food refrigeration company is seeking a dynamic and energetic Controller to provide financial leadership to Company and approximately 50 of its affiliated entities.
The Controller is responsible for cash management and banking, as well as tax management. In addition to the accounting/reporting function, the Controller partners with operations from a strategic and financial perspective to enhance the profitability and growth of the organization.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversees the activities for accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, projections and financial trends and makes presentations as required to the company’s Board of Directors.
- Performs monthly P&L and balance sheet account analysis.
- Assures corporate income tax compliance is accurate and the timely completion of all corporate income tax returns, taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Leads effort with CPA firm for preparation and filing of tax returns for Company and affiliated entities. This will include providing direction on finalizing financial statements and distributing tax information to our financial partners.
- Ensures sales taxes are being accounted for properly.
- Performs and approves property tax submissions.
- Communicates with the company’s bank representatives regarding the borrowing of funds required to insure a smooth continuance of the company’s operations;
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Works closely with the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components, including billings, cash receipts application and weekly funding reports.
- Works closely with the accounts payable department to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports and cash control.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Provides as financial liaison with financial leaders of affiliated entities.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Serves as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
- Reviews and finalizes capital expenditure projects.
- Responds to government surveys.
- Ensures that the Company’s processes are delivering desired results.
- Leads audits with outside agencies.
- Takes on special projects from time to time in a quest to constantly improve.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY (DOE), BONUS, FULL BENEFITS, 401K, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, AND MORE***
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business-related field.
- Demonstrated experience with the financial management of projects.
- Proven experience in the accounting methods and practices pertaining to the agricultural and/or precooling industry. If no specific agricultural or food refrigeration background, must have strong experience with project controlling and accounting.
- Success working in a strategic financial planning capacity and partnering with operations.
- Strong working knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Great Plains.
- Proven success at managing accounting groups and achieving stated goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and relate to people at all levels of an organization.
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
60 total views, 8 today