A dynamic, progressive agriculture company is seeking a Controller to join their team based in Salinas. This position will be responsible for managing all accounting and company controllership functions, staff and the execution of company accounting policies & procedures conforming to GAAP and State regulatory requirements. Responsible for accurate & timely consolidation of financial statement & reporting. This position reports directly to the CFO and will have overall responsibility for supervising staff / employees in the Accounting Department and following Company policy. AP, AR, and Grower Accounting report to this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the day-to-day execution of the accounting department functions and processes.
- Manage, closely coordinate, communicate and partner with AR, AP, and Grower Accounting to ensure excellence in both the Accounting team and the tools utilized by the team.
- Develop the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for understanding and managing the General Ledger including the accuracy of the financial transactions within.
- Develops and enforces the company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Serves as the company’s internal consultant on all relevant accounting matters.
- Identify, analyze and implement appropriate systems and processes for financial controls.
- Responsible for the production of accurate and timely financial statements.
- Coordinates the annual audit to produce a timely and efficient audit by the company’s independent auditors.
- Identify, initiate and implement accounting process changes and improvements based on audit findings and/or best business practices.
- Develop automated processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
***SALARY (DOE), BONUS, FULL BENEFITS INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, 401K, and more***
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Highly responsible; selfless; accountable for results; develops people; sets the example; does work, not just manages work; flexible work hours; dependable; ability to work within policy guidelines, work independently; analytical, process oriented, possessing high personal standards of performance-
- Employee’s work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines-
*Must be highly skilled in the use and application of ERP computer systems, MS Excel and accounting policies and procedures-
- Minimum B.S. degree in Accounting-
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting entries and general ledger-
- Minimum of 5+ years of practical experience as a Controller-
- Must have well developed management and supervisory skills-
- Must be willing to identify opportunities to improve internal processes, develop & make recommendations and implement / execute decisions-
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
451 total views, 5 today