A well-established agriculture company is seeking a Director of Farming Business Operations to join their team. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the business to ensure a productive and profitable operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business Operations (farming, planting, harvesting, cooling)
- Profitability (cost controls, accounting)
- Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement.
- Manage all special projects (ranches, business park, etc.)
- Provides leadership, coaching, and motivation to develop the management team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops annual budget. Manages and contains costs in line with approved budget.
- Designs and implements sound business strategy for growing, production, storage, packing, and distribution.
- Oversees growing programs to ensure adequate product supply.
- Ensures equipment is maintained and in safe operating condition on the farm and in the production facility to optimize throughput and achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Liaison with local, regional, and federal agencies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides accurate accounting of plant cost and productivity.
- Oversees, directs and manages capital projects.
- Monitors internal controls to ensure all product sold is billed, materials purchased are authorized, payroll is correctly issued.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety protocols are followed, including food safety and worker safety.
- Develop and implement strategy to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining a profitable operation.
- Direct oversight of the maintenance of the various sites ensuring equipment is in optimal operational condition.
- Stay up to date with evolving industry trends in growing, technology, food safety, etc.
- Ability to lead by example and foster a harmonious and safe work environment.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY (DOE), BONUS, 401K, FULL BENEFITS, VEHICLE, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, AND MORE…***
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups as well as work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, planning, resource allocation, human resources).
- Strong analytical skills to support cost management and process improvement opportunities.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis principles.
- Project management experience.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Superior organizational skills; time management, planning, scheduling, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
501 total views, 4 today