The Director of Operations is an operational leader who is responsible for development, implementation, and continuous improvement of product installation and service. This includes creating/maintaining/setting service policies, manuals, and directives while being compliant with OSHA and industry standards.
The Director of Operations manages the Service personnel (recruiting, onboarding, training), ensures policies and procedures are followed, manages workflow, develops programs to improve technical skills, and work collaboratively across the organization with the support, data, sales, account managers and R&D teams globally. The position is client-facing, focused on meeting customer’s SLAs and acts internally as the voice of the customer alongside the Territory Sales Managers and Grower Account Managers.
The Director of Operations reports to the VP of Operations and is located out of the Central California office.
- Lead and develop regional service teams to provide customer service throughout the Company’s operations
- Maintains responsibility for service and support operations; planning, installation, service & maintenance
- Cost center budget management aimed at reducing cost and increasing efficiency
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to identify and implement new tools and technologies to drive efficiencies
- Improve customer satisfaction including service TAT aligned with company and industry standard while meeting and exceeding client’s SLA’s
- Empower, train, and grow the service team
- Accountable for ensuring full regulatory compliance and legal requirements are being adhered to; act as a safety officer and drive risk mitigation
- Develops and establishes directives and procedures; and other tasks related to the Operation department
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5 to 7 years of direct service, operations, or customer support/success management or related experience is required
- Mechanical experience with high technical skills
- Agriculture machinery background preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to consult with, negotiate, and influence others in a positive manner and in support of the overall goals and mission of the company is critical
- Must be able to manage and mentor employees and participate in employment-related matters
- Strong leadership skills are essential as is the ability to accomplish goals through others
- Collaborative approach to organizational management is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically (up to ~ 25% of the time, driving distance)
- Ability to work well with remote management and staff
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
1457 total views, 4 today