The Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety will develop, implement and validate cost-effective Quality and Food Safety Programs for presenting top quality company products and services for suppliers, vendors, conventions and customers while ensuring safest product handling practices in accordance to Regulatory Requirements and protecting personnel safety.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure Customer Requirements, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance (both Federal and State which include Customs, Health Department and FDA) throughout the whole Supply Chain from farm to customer.
- Manage, Monitor, Validate and Improve company HACCP Plan.
- Develop, Implement, Manage and Continuously Improve the company Management System in collaboration with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in all levels of Management.
- Lead Development and Management of all company Management System procedures, protocols, standards, documents, records and specifications with an appropriate document control strategy and up to date recordkeeping.
- Manage validation and verification strategies including internal audits and inspections of Canada, U.S. and Mexico facilities, Customer and/or Suppliers.
- Directly Manage and Lead the QA Supervisor and Food Safety Coordinators Team. Provide specific company Management System-related Leadership to all the company stakeholders and place special effort on Territory Managers
- Develop a team of motivated, productive, positive and Safe work environment.
- Achieve 100% Certification compliance for Customer and Company driven certification requirements including Food Safety, Social Responsibility, Health and Safety, CTPAT and Organic Certifications.
- Implement New Product Development Strategies and Procedures which include but are not limited to defining Quality Standards and meet current Regulatory Requirements promoting both internal and external customer satisfaction while ensuring the financial objective of the Company.
- Implement Social Responsibility Schemes in all our growing regions.
- Develop resolution strategy for Quality compliance including setting priorities and a system to address Deviations from company Management System, Customer Complaints and/ or Regulatory or Audit non-conformances. Lead Root Cause Analysis efforts and Manage Corrective Action Plans.
- Develop a communication Strategy: Reporting relevant, frequent and accurate Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and provide feedback and interpretation to Management teams.
- Develop and Improve company FSVP.
- Develop and Manage Cost-reduction opportunities and strategies throughout the company Supply Chain
- Lead Education efforts for company staff on company Management System
- Serve as the company representative for the C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) program.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY, BONUS, FULL BENEFITS, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, and more.***
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform each essential function
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally and nationally
- Relevant experience in the produce industry
- Knowledge of C-TPAT
- Experience conducting business in Mexico
- Understanding of the USDA, FDA, and current USA, Mexico and Canada food safety audit schemes
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems, HACCP and FSMA standards, Food Safety and Security (Relevant Certifications Preferred, such as any of the GFSI Schemes: SQF, Primus GFS, HACCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of internet tools, office and data management programs
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions
- Problem-solving Ability
- Understanding of social responsibility schemes
- Experience Supervising and Leading multidisciplinary teams
- S. in Agriculture, food safety, quality or related discipline
- Five (5) years related experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English; written and oral
- Experience with Quality Management Systems
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
268 total views, 8 today