A well-established produce packing/distributor is seeking a Director of Sales to join their team. The Director of Sales is responsible for the overall performance and direction of the sales department and increasing sales and productivity from all sales and support staff. Strong leadership, account management, mentorship and management skills are required as this role will be leading a team of sales professionals.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Manage, resolve and listen to customer inquiries/complaints by corresponding directly with customers, visiting locations to resolve disputes, involving MA’s where necessary, issuing credits for bad product, and working with Buyers directly to identify incoming problems.
- Sell product to customers and ensure that adequate product levels are delivered on-time.
- Daily service calls to customer base to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered to customers and suppliers alike.
- Prepare weekly pricing lists for all customers.
- Conduct market updates to all customers and suppliers in order to ensure that adequate understanding of crop conditions, and quality of product is properly conveyed.
- Account Management and constant oversight of customer base.
- Strategic planning as it relates to tradeshows, presentations and new business development.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to newer sales personnel and educate on processes, etiquette and strategy.
- Attend regular industry events and advocate for the produce industry while also upholding and representing a favorable image at all times.
- Communicate weekly with sales team and COO to organize presentations for sales meetings as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or overall equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of sales account management experience in the produce industry.
- 5 years experience in leadership role, managing teams.
- An aptitude for business processes and acumen.
- Agriculture / product knowledge as it relates to the produce industry, specifically root vegetables.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to stay self-motivated and highly organized, prioritize.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently within established policies and broad objectives.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite products, knowledge of inventory management software.
- Valid drivers’ license and passport required.
- Flexibility in working hours is required and frequent travel (40%) is a requirement.
Compensation: DOE, Bonus, Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, relocation assistance
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
1046 total views, 4 today