An establish food manufacturing company is currently seeking a Director of Engineering/Maintenance to join their team based in Santa Maria, CA. The individual will collaborate with the Vice President of Operations to establish goals that support business strategy.
The primary purpose of the position is to:
Lead and direct all activities relating to Engineering, Plant Construction, Capital Projects and maintenance for multi-plant facilities managing capital budget for maintaining plant facilities that support increased efficiencies, maximize high quality production systems to achieve full sales potential.
- Evaluate, design, plan and provide budget estimates to establish annual capital project budget.
- Provides direct leadership to the maintenance organizations in each facility, ensuring the expected results are achieved.
- Understand Plant Design and Layout of Equipment for further Company growth.
- Industry Equipment Knowledge
- Establish project budgets for preparation of return on investment capital.
- Manages and delegates projects for multi-plant facilities authorizing and approving contractor work.
- Locates, negotiates and forms contracts with all outside suppliers and contractors including utilities for multi-plant facilities.
- Support employee development and engagement.
- Leading a team environment through coaching, training, development and technical skill building to align with long-term company goals and strategy.
- Interact with leadership team and works closely with R&D, quality, operations, finance departments.
- Provides significant counsel to the General Manager and the senior leadership team, working closely with peers in: R&D, quality, operations, finance departments, sales, supply chain, human resources and transportation.
- Manages all environmental regulatory reporting and compliance processes.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY, BONUS, FULL BENEFITS, PROFIT SHARE, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE***
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering desired
- 8-10 years related experience in single unit and multi-unit facilities
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience in Food & Beverage environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of architectural/engineering practices, estimating, construction, project management, produce industry, land survey, contracts, building codes, electrical, EPA compliance
- Experience with Utilities, Refrigeration, IQF Systems, Boilers and Packaging Systems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Computer skills: high proficiency in Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Preventive Maintenance software, Programmable Logistics Controller (PLC)software, Automation networking and Process control system software and Microsoft Project
- Interaction management, employee development, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
848 total views, 8 today