A premium fruit grower/shipper/packer in Washington has a great opportunity for an EH&S Supervisor to establish EH&S protocols and processes, develop them across multiple sites, and grow the function to expand EH&S across other divisions.
This is a ground floor opportunity to formalize processes and work with a great management team. The organization has strong quality, solid practices from field to cold storage, and a team-based culture.
Position is based in the greater Central Washington region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Environmental Health, and Safety Supervisor will provide full time environmental health and safety, as well as food safety support to the operations. Position will ensure that all practices are following the Company’s, Washington State, and Federal regulatory requirements. The position will be responsible for assisting in coordinating regulatory programs. Additionally, the EHS Supervisor will lead in the development and coordination of training programs.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses, evaluating the risk in such loss exposure, developing, and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in and maintain compliance with State and Federal regulations, and Company policies and safety requirements.
- Create, maintain, and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Ensure orchard field operations safety requirements (including training) are applied and implemented correctly.
- Ensure field operations equipment use programs and inspections are created, updated, or maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements as well as Company policies.
- Create and develop training presentations in a multi-language instruction for workforce.
- Provide positive guidance, assist, and audit front line supervisors to ensure that effective EHS programs and policies are applied, implemented, and working.
- Perform and contribute to the site training plans by conducting employee orientations, emergency response training, and coordination of training programs for the operation(s).
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with Managers and Supervision on facility deficiencies in and with the use of monthly safety inspections.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensure the required regulatory postings, information
- Ensures that (SDS) safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the site preparedness and emergency plans & procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in areas of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Assist in maintaining company training matrix and filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Maintain working relationships with regulatory agencies and the safety committee for the operation.
- Manage risk assessments and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
- Assist/lead in the implementation and maintenance of food safety programs (Global Gap) for all operations.
- Perform facility audits to ensure compliance of food safety regulations.
- Ensure inspections by food safety regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with Managers and supervision on facility deficiencies and inspections
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Maintain OSHA 300 and 301A logs for the company.
- Travel to operational offices as required and perform any additional duties as required.
Experience, Education, and Licensure/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, Four or more years as a journeyman in the Construction, Agriculture, Forestry, or related field; Master’s degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Please contact Katie Settle, firstname.lastname@example.org
211 total views, 6 today