A well-established agriculture company is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join their team The EH&S Manager will be responsible for providing the day-to-day leadership of the safety and company hygiene processes and to review, evaluate, and analyze the work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factor for the company. Ensure continued compliance with local, state and federal agencies (e.g. OSHA, EPA, and ODEQ).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary contact for EHS issues. Involved in all aspects of the operation to promote environmental compliance and protection, and a healthy and safe work environment.
- Assist company leaders and staff in understanding EHS permits, regulations and standards and incorporates EHS principals and concepts to prevent workplace injuries, operational hazards and environmental impacts.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations, permits, and company mandated policies and procedures in environmental, health and safety.
- Perform and manage the company hygiene monitoring, ensure quality data collection, write company hygiene reports to organize and summarize data, and implement corrective measures accordingly as it relates to air sampling, noise level studies and monitoring, medical surveillance, and ergonomic assessments.
- Develop, implement and maintain an EHS management system focused on employee involvement, environmental performance, injury prevention and continuous improvement.
- Drive timely completion of corrective actions associated with near-miss incidents, accident investigations, environmental incidents and compliance inspections.
- Collaborate with operational management to proactively implement continuous environmental, health and safety improvements.
- Design and conduct comprehensive environmental and safety audits for compliance and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all records are maintained in compliance with local, state and federal environmental and safety laws, regulations, permits and programs.
- Keeps abreast and assesses new developments, laws and regulations in the environmental, health and safety field that may have application to the company’s operations and presents them to management.
- Regularly train and communicate EHS compliance and performance results to all employees.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY, FULL BENEFITS, 401K, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, and more.***
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial safety, industrial hygiene, environmental sciences or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ EHS experience.
- Agriculture experience preferred.
- Knowledge with practical experience with exposure monitoring, use of hygiene equipment and its calibration. Designing programs and procedures that control, eliminate and prevent injuries and environmental incidents. Professional certification is a plus (e.g., CSP, CIH). Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ODEQ.).
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as necessary and be “on-call” to respond to emergency situations.
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
693 total views, 2 today