A well-established produce distributor is seeking a Head of Operations to join their team. The Head of Operations is responsible for daily operations of a distribution business that spans the West Coast, as well as a range of impactful, highly strategic work executed through inventory management, quality assurance/compliance, production, operations, and other areas. Strategic planning and experience envisioning and leading positive, collaborative change both with and through direct reports and across teams is paramount.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Creating and driving successful project management initiatives, implementation of core process improvements within a high-volume supply chain, logistics or distribution environment.
- Leading positive and collaborative change and improvements through both their own team and across an organization.
- Utilizing stellar planning and communication skills to enable project success across a company.
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement, sets goals, and leads cross-functional focus to achieve results.
- Building, fostering, and sustaining diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts throughout the organization.
- Teaching, mentoring and leading high-performance teams.
- Delivering exceptional service, internally and externally.
- Creating vision, focus, planning, and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Using inventory, operational, warehouse, and people systems software (e.g., ERP, WMS, HRIS, etc.).
- Prioritizing egalitarian approach and broad coworker empowerment and engagement.
- Hybridizing teams, envisioning and leading cross-training and department integration initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree or overall equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility leading complex operations with a minimum of 150 employees and multiple distinct different functional areas.
- Track record of consistently achieving or exceeding company objectives.
- Passionate personal alignment with the company’s mission, core values, and aspirations.
- An established track record of working as a hands-on partner with leadership teams (managers & supervisors) to implement short and long-range strategies, plans, policies and practices that align with and support the company’s goals and dreams.
- Demonstrated capacity for creative problem solving, proactive partnership and willingness to collaboratively push boundaries to grow as a team and business.
- Project Management certification, and/or Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
Compensation: DOE, Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, relocation assistance
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
585 total views, 2 today