An established food manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Human Resource Manager to join their operation located in CA. The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for managing all plant employees, recruitment and hiring process for hourly positions, plant scheduling, employee/labor relations, safety and training, plant payroll, hourly and salaried benefits, and administrative budget. Position assists in making and interpreting company policy and collective bargaining agreement (for union plants), interpret and apply applicable state and federal laws, and manage staff.
- Maintain healthy relationship with management and employees, investigate and resolve grievances and employee issues, guide supervisors and managers in the interpretation and application of CBA and policies, manage and maintain bid process, and guide and manage the disciplinary process.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions within the plant human resources. Oversee payroll and benefits for hourly employees. Oversee salaried benefits. Review weekly payroll. Manage administrative budget. Coordinate employee parties, recognition programs, fundraisers, and other functions.
- Manage plant health and safety programs.Ensure regulatory compliance; conduct regularly safety audits for process, infrastructure, and behavioral compliance and improvement; manage and guide the accident investigation process; develop and deliver annual safety training and monthly shift safety trainings.
- Administer workers’ compensation claims to mitigate current and future liability and losses; attend all employee visits to physician. Ensure regulatory compliance. Manage RTW program. Maintain OSHA 300 Log and attachments and BLS reporting. Remain on-call 24/7 in the event that an employee is injured and requires medical treatment.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of HR experience in human resources.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Progressively responsible experience managing recruitment and employment is preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
Salary: DOE, Relocation Assistance, Medical Benefits
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
368 total views, 2 today