An established food manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to join their operation located in WA. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for negotiating, procuring, and managing transportation requirements in excess of 40,000 truckloads annually, which are needed for the movement of finished goods, ingredients, and raw fruit to warehouses, manufacturing facilities, co-packers and customers. Position administers our network of third-party warehouses (which includes contract administration, contract negotiations, and service level management), and manages our multi-modal network of transportation providers (ensuring fiscal and service level targets are met for truck, rail, and ocean shipments).
- Manage the development and implantation of methods and procedures that are required to ensure that raw and finished goods, supplies and ingredients are delivered to our plants, warehouses, co-packers and customers on time and cost effectively. Determine the most efficient routing and transportation method to meet the applicable transportation requirement.
- Develop and maintain a reliable carrier base by establishing mutually beneficial alliances/relationships with capable trucking companies. Ensure that trucking companies understand and support quality and service requirements. Resolve delivery and quality issues in a timely manner. Hold vendors accountable to support our client’s needs. Negotiate and processes claims.
- Provide oversight for the management of our clients third-party warehousing network. Ensure that adequate inventories are available. Manage inventory obsolescence. Manage the cost component and contract administration of these facilities.
- Provide leadership and supervision of all direct and indirect reports. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Prepare budget and forecasts to facilitate an understanding of the financial implications of the procurement process. Ensure budget is met. Analyze and report variances on a monthly basis.
- Negotiate carrier contracts to ensure our client is receiving the highest quality products at competitive prices.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience purchasing a minimum of $25 million annual spend of a diversified portfolio of transportation and 3rd party warehouse services.
- In depth understanding of trucking procurement best practices driven is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience driving digital solutions to improve efficiencies is required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Salary: DOE, Relocation Assistance, Medical Benefits
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
316 total views, 5 today