An expanding harvesting company seeks a dynamic leader to oversee and manage its operations in Arizona and California. This company is a growing, forward-thinking organization that services a strong, progressive grower/shipper/packer.
The Operations Manager will provide the leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
This key role will report to the ownership group, and will direct and manage the following areas: Field Operations, Administration, Communications.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a product and service organization that mirrors the parent company mission and values.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reporting on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
- Assist, as required, in customer meetings and visits to enable the company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Lead projects to improve internal efficiencies and provide direct benefits to our customers.
- Professionally represent the company with clients and business partners.
- Manage the company’s budget from proposal to annual review with the Ownership Group.
- Management of quarterly reviews for expenses and revenues; involves work with financial counsel, as well as company’s CPA and auditing firms in the review of financial statements.
- Build dynamic programs to ensure proper management of competitive salary and benefits programs, profit sharing, health, life, holiday, and time off.
Successfully lead/participate contract negotiations:
- Equipment leases and purchases
- Carton suppliers and other packaging vendors
- Insurance agents and all types of policies
- Property leases & subleases
- Employee programs & benefits
- Cost of goods sold vendors
- Legal actions
- Professional service providers
- Profit retention and rebates
- Oversee the development and proper implementation of company policies, including but not limited to:
- Employee handbooks
- Health and safety programs
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Policies and procedures for office operations
- Recruitment, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, layoffs and terminations
- Employee relations
Prepare and review financial statements and records:
- Cost and yield reporting
- Rebates/retention schedules
- Ensure the operations maintain a profitable condition
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary to accomplish field operations.
- Oversee the planning and execution of field operations, harvesting and field work.
- Ensure harvesting operations meet or exceed shipper quality standards.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
546 total views, 4 today