Leads a cohesive warehouse team in executing deliverables to exceed business expectations of delivery high-quality seed products on-time to our customers. Trains staff and provides follow-up supervision to ensure proper execution of each processing activity. Creates a healthy and positive work environment that motivates and promotes optimal employee performance. Modifies existing and develops new SOPs to maximize process quality, efficiencies and reduce operating costs. Develops a repair and maintenance program that optimizes equipment utilization. Implements and maintains a safety program to comply with OSHA standards.
- Guarantees the correct seed, labels, packaging material and other contents are consistently and accurately packed and assembled to meet our customer’s requirements on every sales order.
- Leads, trains, coaches and monitors all FTE and Temporary warehouse employees to ensure the following:
- Precision and accurate execution of all processing activities (Receiving inbound material, conditioning, warehousing, packaging and shipping of seeds).
- Adherence to all Human Resource Policies and Procedures
- Adherence to all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Adherence to all Process Quality Policies and Procedures
- This position is hands on and very interactive with team members related to all shop floor activities.
- Supervises 9 full-time employees and 2 to 8 temporary employees during busy season.
- Provides cross training for employees on all tasks related to related to warehouse activities.
- Leads the warehouse planning process with strong interface with Supply Planning, Order Fulfillment and Customer Services.
- Drives prioritization and scheduling
- Plans all resource requirements for staffing and materials
- Coordinates with Ops management team on adjustments to schedules
- Troubleshoots and drives solutions for any deviations related to planning or execution
- Manages the Traffic and Logistics functions related to inbound and outbound shipments.
- Oversees all receiving, conditioning, sampling, conditioning and shipping processes to ensure a high degree of accuracy, process controls and productivity.
- Evaluates shop floor processes and works with the team to make streamlined improvements to maximize process quality, efficiencies and reduce operating costs.
- Modifies existing and develops new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that are aligned with the companies Quality Management System (QMS).
- Develops and effectively manages the material handling process of moving inventory from storage to processing and return to storage.
- Manages all facility, equipment and vehicle repair and maintenance programs. Develops and maintains records for service schedules and completion dates.
- Manages all inventories of warehouse supplies and materials which includes ordering and obtaining financial approval.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager on new capital assets on upgrading or replacing old equipment and infrastructure. Monitors operating expenses to ensure alignment with planned budget.
- Ensures all inventory samples (requests and germination updates) are pulled timely and accurately.
- Ensures that facility work areas are maintained clean and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 years supervisory experience working in a manufacturing operations or College Degree in a Agriculture/related field
- Background working in the agricultural business is preferred
- Worked in a growth company & understands how to quickly scale to meet demands
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications and manufacturing database systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, ABS, etc.)
Skills and Personal Traits:
- Strong team player, self-starter, positive attitude with high integrity
- Hands on and fully understands the details of all warehouse processes
- Strong Training and follow-ups to ensure compliance
- Proactive and works with a sense of urgency
- Highly analytical and has strong mechanical/engineering skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for effective vendor & internal staff communication
- Attention to detail, drives tasks to closure efficiently with error-free end results.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical & dental insurance
- Section 125 Dependent Care plans, 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday time off
Work Authorization: Must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
60 total views, 6 today