We are representing a well-established produce manufacturer that is searching for a Procurement Manager to join their team. The Procurement Manager is responsible for
procurement of organic/conventional fresh produce, packaging materials and other
production related items. The Procurement Manager will be charged with vendor selection and negotiation in order to obtain the Freshest/Best quality products at competitive prices in a timely fashion. The Procurement Manager will play an integral role in ensuring that the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Establishes and implements purchasing policies, procedures and best practices to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Identifies and sources new suppliers; manages selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with key suppliers; establishes and updates an approved supplier database.
- Develops, negotiates and administers purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements; evaluates contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies.
- Holds suppliers accountable for cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Troubleshoots cost, quality and/or delivery variances from purchase orders.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
- Experience working with perpetual inventory systems.
- Ability to accurately input data as needed.
- Ability to create, modify and maintain spreadsheets using Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts, purchasing and supply chain systems.
- Ability to institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity.
- Ability to represent the Company’s interests in negotiations with outside professionals and suppliers.
- Ability to identify problems and implement preventative strategies to minimize risk.
Compensation: DOE. Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
422 total views, 10 today