Our Product Segment Development Lead – Seed Treatments and Foliar Plant Health in the U.S. and Canada will manage our development program for existing and new active ingredients applied to seeds and our development program for foliar plant health products as specified below.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Responsible for planning, implementation and reporting of efficacy and regulatory field studies in the designated geographic area.
- Work closely with Seed Treatment and Foliar Plant Health Business or Marketing Managers in strategically prioritizing the development of active ingredients and target crops for both pesticide and non-pesticide applications in the U.S. and Canada and provide internal guidance.
- Prepare and implement a rigorous field efficacy program to expand the use of existing and new active ingredients, both pesticide and non-pesticide, on all potential crop uses in the U.S. and Canada as prioritized by the Business or Marketing Manager for Seed Treatment in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Manage the equivalent of the Corteva “PASSER” test for all North American Opportunities and internationally for our products.
- Prepare and implement a rigorous field efficacy program to expand the use of existing and new non-pesticide active ingredients for plant health applications on all potential crop uses in the U.S. and Canada as prioritized by the Business or Marketing Manager for Row Crop Plant Health products and in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Provide technical and application support to the company’s business partners in the seed treatment and row crop foliar plant health segments.
- Prepares written and verbal reports including trial abstracts and scientific data summaries at both macro and micro levels for presentation at internal and external meetings.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with university research and extension and crop consultants within the territory.
- Prepares and presents scientific data summaries to sales, marketing and regulatory teams.
- Assist in training Territory Sales Managers regarding uses of existing products and new products both from the company and from competitors.
- Provide guidance and direction to non-USA countries on rates, performance, product compatibility, etc.
- This position will cover the following territory: United States and Canada.
- Crop focus will be corn, soybeans, wheat, cotton, sunflower, OSR, and sugar beets.
- Minimum M. Sc., PhD preferred, in Entomology, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Horticulture or related agronomic field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the research, development and evaluation of crop protection, inoculants, PGR or nutritional products deployed as seed treatments.
- Experience in major row crops including corn, soybeans, cotton and wheat is desired.
- Knowledge of crop production systems including detailed knowledge of insect pests and/or plant diseases and/or agronomy or plant physiology.
- A working knowledge in statistics and experimental design.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid Passport.
Experience: See experience requirements listed under Education Requirements
Essential Physical and Mental Requirements
Physical Requirements: e.g.,
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Ability to extensively use computer keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Ability to lift at least 40+/- pounds.
- Ability to work in a venue such our manufacturing plant, hotel or other organization’s meeting room, conference, or convention space; possible inclusion of weekends.
- Ability to do overnight travel to annual meetings/conferences (typically up to 7 consecutive days) required; overnight travel to other meetings (typically 1-5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, turn and use/walk up ladders.
- Ability to walk in and around agricultural production sites to evaluate pest populations and crop conditions in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to communicate, advise, negotiate or influence others as well as build productive working relationships in both academic and commercial settings.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills required to interpret and summarize scientific data and information.
- Planning skills required to organize, prioritize, schedule and coordinate work activities for multiple projects. Must be skilled in MS Office suite and experience with ARM10 is preferred.
- Ability to utilize commercial means of travel (automobile, train or air) domestically or internationally 35-75% of the time; travel during most weeks of the year. Routine overnight travel is anticipated with this position.
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking “out of the box” will be highly valued in this role.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
1783 total views, 11 today