A well-established agriculture company is seeking a self-motivated and organized individual to lead their food safety, as well as plant and employee safety programs. The Safety/Food Safety Manager will be responsible for formulating and implementing policies that create a safe and healthful work environment. Key responsibilities include developing and maintaining a system to assure all product cooled, loaded and shipped by Company meets state, federal, OSHA and customer specifications. Responsible for maintaining and implementing regulatory safety compliance programs, training and OSHA standards. Proficient bi-lingual skills (Spanish/English) – reading, writing, and speaking preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compliance, Policy Administration and Documentation
- Evaluate hazards within the facility for safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develop health and safety procedures and programs for all departments and monitor safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Maintain contingency plans, including fire prevention and procedures for controlling hazardous spills in accordance with government regulations and insurance company requirements.
- Supervises maintenance of material safety data sheets so they are accessible at all times according to state and federal regulations.
- Develops inspection policies and establishes regular inspection schedules.
- Maintains EPA records of hazardous waste, air emission permitted and water pollution discharge as well as industrial health monitoring and records of employee hazard exposure according to OSHA regulations.
- Develops, maintains and update Company policies for safety standards, emergency preparedness, IIPP, safety training etc.
Safety Training Programs
- Identifies, as qualified, legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations affecting the safety and quality assurance functions (e.g., Federal, State, OSHA, etc.)
- Supervises training sessions for emergency preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection and forklift safety.
- Experience in developing, creating and presenting new safety programs using compliant information and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate to large or small groups in English and Spanish to ensure the transfer of knowledge and compliance with Dandy Cooling Safety Training policies as well as federal and state regulations.
ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS
- Meet with vendors, customers, quality representatives and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality and safety issues as required.
- Maintains accurate personnel safety file documentation.
- Coordinate and conduct Safety Committee meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates OSHA training programs as directed.
- Uses equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards, and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
- Monitor professional literature and attend seminars to say current with governmental compliance requirements.
- Assist the Operations Manager as needed
***COMPETITIVE SALARY (DOE), BONUS, FULL BENEFITS, COMPANY VEHICLE, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE***
- Associate Arts (AA) or equivalent from two year college or certificate program in occupational safety, food safety, health, environmental science or related subject; BA preferred but not required. Or Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in safety, safety audits, managing and implementing safety training programs and implementation of federal, state, OSHA regulations and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and safety experience. Produce or agricultural experience preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership and oversight in the day-to-day operations of duties;
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, with the ability to take initiative to solve issues as they arise and follow-through in a timely manner. Be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess the ability to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited. Possess the ability to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Prior experience with Microsoft – PowerPoint, Word & Excel. Ability to quickly learn new procedures and specific software.
Please Contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
422 total views, 2 today