Terrific opportunity for a multi-faceted produce expert with sales, buying, and business development expertise! A grower/shipper/distributor seeks a Sales and Buying Representative due to growth and expansion.
This organization is fast paced, family-oriented, values clear communication, and works to maximize sales and profitability. A strong background within sales, buying and an active customer base to sell to is desired.
Position based in their offices in Los Angeles.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Retaining your current customers, maintaining those accounts, increasing sales.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Source and buy commodities for customers and team. Strong knowledge of market conditions, buying opportunities, quality, ability to maintain margin.
- Maintaining consistent communication with sales management, growers/suppliers, and customers on pricing, inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Previous successful sales and buying experience in fresh produce.
- Previous experience with multiple commodities, including tomatoes, cucumbers, citrus, specialty veg.
- Experience/relationships working with domestic or Canadian retail customers desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in season long programs and bid prices.
- Thorough understanding of fresh produce supply chain, product and operations.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a “closer” who is able to work under pressure but willing not to compromise on quality.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use Produce Pro software, Microsoft Office, internet-based sales and purchasing programs.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Brandi Boehme, Bboehme@producecareers.com
299 total views, 9 today