A leading, vertically integrated vegetable grower/shipper/importer has a terrific opportunity for a sales professional. The company is expanding and hiring due to their growth. Seek an entrepreneurial salesperson with a strong head lettuce / leafy green background, a business development mindset, and ability to work well autonomously while consistently communicating with the team and company. A track record of building new retail accounts, ability to successfully sell high quality commodities, and capacity to work cross functionally with management, cold storage, growers, and customers sought.
Position based from a home office in the U.S, with visits to company headquarters in Texas. When conditions allow, business travel to customers, growing regions, conventions expected.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Business development for new accounts, consistently staying in front of prospects, closing new accounts.
- Developing and securing program sales ahead of seasons, work closely with retail customers.
- Retaining your current customers, maintaining those accounts, increasing sales.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Consistent on-time communication with management, operations, and quality assurance teams on inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, opportunities and challenges.
- Work closely and quickly with customers and prospects on pricing, quality, market conditions, product availability and deliverability.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
- Keep current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Solid fresh vegetable sales background with a strong preference for head lettuce sales. Experience with red leaf, green leaf, romaine also desired. Asparagus commodity exposure a plus.
- Experience with conventional and organic preferred.
- Know quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, import supply chain, pack styles.
- Strong experience/relationships working with U.S. and Canadian retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Can communicate with team and management with immediacy and clarity.
- Successful experience setting up programs or season-long deals.
- A highly motivated self-starter, “closer,” attention to detail, understand and deliver customer needs and preferences.
- Able to communicate effectively with management and team members
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
- Bilingual with English-Spanish not required, but helpful.
Please contact Katie Settle, email@example.com
572 total views, 8 today