Great opportunity for an import sales expert! Terrific opportunity to help a strong brand build in the U.S. with retail grocery and mass market chains.
This organization is a successful produce company with a strong product line and a solid reputation. A strong sales background, experience with imports, and an active retail customer base to sell to is desired.
Position can be based in South Florida, or remotely from a home office, ideally from one of the large shipping port areas.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Retaining your current customers, maintaining those accounts, increasing sales.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with management, growers and quality assurance teams on inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Manage accounts, including keeping in close contact with customers on pricing, market conditions, product availability and quality.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Solid produce background, also knowledge of international fruit growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, import supply chain, pack styles.
- Previous experience selling imported fruit.
- Strong experience/relationships working with domestic retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful experience in season long programs and bid prices.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a “closer” who is able to work under pressure but willing not to compromise on quality.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Rich Lentz, firstname.lastname@example.org
509 total views, 4 today