Top fresh produce company has a strong opportunity for a fresh produce sales expert! A solid background with fruit imports and sales to retail grocery, mass market, and club channels needed. This organization has a recognizable brand and a very good product line.
Position can be based in Southern California or remotely from a home office, ideally from one of the large shipping port areas.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Business development for new accounts, consistently staying in front of prospects, sourcing new customer leads, and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Maintaining active customers, working with those accounts to grow sales and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with management, operations, and quality assurance teams on inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Work closely with customers and prospects on pricing, market conditions, product availability and quality.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Solid fresh produce sales background, also knowledge of international fruit growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, import supply chain, pack styles.
- 5 + years’ experience selling imported fruit, preferably berries.
- Strong experience/relationships working with domestic retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful experience in season long programs and bid prices.
- A highly motivated self-starter, “closer,” attention to detail, understand and deliver customer needs and preferences.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Brandi Boehme, Bboehme@producecareers.com
1190 total views, 3 today